Friday, June 29, 2012

Break the "Party" Stranglehold!



I have a friend who recently defined me as a Republican, and described Republican ideaology as hypocritical, dishonest, irrational, and just plain mean-spirited. there is only one republican fiscal policy. The rich get richer at the expense of everyone else.


He is right on the money about the Republicans.  No arguments.  However, since we are clarifying Party stances, the Democrat Party's ideology is that of big government control over the lives of its citizens, empirical, hypocritical, controlling, lying, more interested in achieving control than in upholding the Constitution.  In fact, it is the Democrats who openly state that the Constitution is "outdated" and "irrelevant", and this is a stance that we have fought wars to defeat.


We have always been able to maintain a respectful relationship, and I intend to do so because our friendship runs deeper to me than political ideology.  However, the government wants us to maintain this in-fighting, because as long as we are fighting among ourselves, we will be ill-equipped to reverse this alarming trend towards evolving our government into a ruling class.  To be melodramatic, but accurate, BOTH parties represent that evil that will choke the liberty and freedom from us.


I'm NOT a Republican. I'm not a Romney supporter, although he would be my choice between the two presumed candidates.  I am in support of self-reliance and self-responsibility.  I am against a society of entitlement.  I am, at the mildest, a Jeffersonian Constitutionalist, because it is adherence to that document and those principles that made this country as great as it ONCE was.


In truth, I can be called a Rational Anarchist.  You and yours may pass whatever laws you feel necessary to form the ideals of your society.  I, alone, am responsible for which laws I will obey and which laws I will ignore, which is actually true of every citizen.  It is up to me to either accept or fight the consequences.  This government lost its way a long time ago, when it put government above the rights of citizens, and bound them in the chains of entitlement.


Until we break those chains, and move away from the entitlements, and move back to assuming personal responsibility, we will continue on the path to tyranny.  "When the government fears the people, we have a republic.  When the people fear the government, we have tyranny." There is some question of who actually said it, but it was never as true as right now.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments--agree or disagree. Avoid profanity because I monitor this site and will remove words or phrases, but not ideas, that I deem offensive.